Tuesday, December 06, 2005

64 Isaiah 52:6 Wild Card

JMD Devotional 64 Isaiah 52:6 Wild Card

Therefore My people shall know what My name is and what it means; therefore they shall know in that day that I am He who speaks; behold, I AM!

Without divine revelation we could not know very much about God. Once God pulls back the veil of ignorance, everything can be seen in a new context. All material things, even empty voids, take on a significance relative to the proclamation "I AM."

If I were treading water in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, at night, my prospects would look grim. But bring God into the picture, and there is hope unbridled by natural laws.

Dear God,
YOU ARE, YOU ARE, YOU ARE! Thank You for revealing this great secret to me. People need to know that there is more to life than this material world; help your people to witness to your personal reality.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home