Tuesday, November 01, 2005

54 Deuteronomy 29:29 Mysteries

JMD Devotional 54 Deuteronomy 29:29 Mysteries

The secret things belong unto the Lord our God, but the things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all of the words of this Law.

The heart of man focuses not on his blessings, but upon what is withheld. We had all of Eden but one tree; and striving for what was not given has cost us so dearly. Mysteries and secrets fascinate the mind, but have we cherished and utilized the truth we've been given so far?

Dear God,

I hate to see myself as a person always grasping, trying to pry your hand open. Forgive my immaturity, my lust for more. You know best; may I trust You to give me what I need. Help me to be content, and to be faithful to fully utilize the truth I have to your kingdom's glory.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home