Tuesday, October 18, 2005

48 Song of Solomon 3:5 Let it Sleep

JMD Devotional 48 Song of Solomon 3:5 Let it Sleep

I adjure you, O daughters of Jerusalem, by the gazelles or by the hinds of the field that you stir not up nor awaken love until it pleases.

If love and sexual passion are stirred up prematurely, in adolescence, then the magnitude, beauty and impact of one's life's love will be diminished. These things are good and wonderful and worth waiting for. This principle applies to married adults as well, who might awaken desire when they are alone, or at an inappropriate time. Let it sleep. Longing can be a beautiful kind of fast, that builds upon itself when not expressed.

Dear God,
How I wish I understood courtship growing up. I was reckless, impatient and striving for so much before its proper time and setting. Please heal the damage my blundering ways have caused and teach me to wait for pleasures until you give them to me.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home