Tuesday, October 18, 2005

45 Isaiah 49:4 Apparent Failure

JMD Devotional 45 Isaiah 49:4 Apparent Failure

Then I said, I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for nothing and in empty futility; yet surely my right is with the Lord, and my recompense is with my God.

It is a sad lament, to look back at a life's work and sacrifice and see no enduring physical results. But God echoes back in verse 6, "Is it too light a thing" that you should play a role in ushering in my plan of salvation to the world? Even a small role is not a trivial thing.

Dear God,
Please don't let discouragement drain our spirits and kill our enthusiasm. Help us to affirm the significance of serving in even the smallest of positions in your kingdom; for what a privilege it is!
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home