Tuesday, October 11, 2005

39 Isaiah 42:8 Roadmap or Relationship?

JMD Devotional 39 Isaiah 42:8 Roadmap or Relationship?

I am the Lord; that is my name! And my glory I will not give to another, nor praise to graven images.

How do we react to those precious times when we sense a special closeness with the Lord? Do we take what we were doing at the time as the secret recipe and try to create a formula to use again to give others the same experience? (As if we moved God rather than He moved us?) In our enthusiasm to share there is a tendency to create images in the form of programs and formulas. Is a 'principle' all God is to us? Does a spouse want to be 'solved' or made into a 'project'? God wants us to walk with Him, and foolish people want a roadmap instead. Wake up and see what is being given up---a personal guide, companion and friend!

Dear God,
I want to know You, to sense your presence, to be in harmony with You, and to enjoy our relationship! Lead me, help me to seek You as my vital need, and forgive my iniquity.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home