Friday, September 30, 2005

33 Psalm 166:12 What Can I Do?

JMD Devotional 33 Psalm 166:12 What Can I Do?

What shall I render to the Lord for all His benefits toward me? [How can I repay Him for all His bountiful dealings?]

Might I suggest this list of ‘gifts’:
A cheerful countenance
A winsome spirit
To cooperate with His plan of redemption, to take the ‘cup of salvation’
To walk in the truth
To give our life focus, adoration, love and commitment.

3 John 4 I have no greater joy than this, to hear that my [spiritual] children are living their lives in the Truth.

Dear God,
Why am I so reluctant to give you what you want from a perfect heart? Your ‘demands’ are ultimately for my benefit and the best things for me; but I am still functioning as a spoiled child. Please forgive me, and implant the wisdom and faith for me to not withhold a positive and holy attitude from You. May my countenance reflect your radiant goodness, and may it be a witness without reserve.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home