Saturday, September 24, 2005

28 Isaiah 29:13 Mechanical Worship

JMD Devotional 28 Isaiah 29:13 Mechanical Worship

And the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near Me with their mouth and honor Me with their lips but remove their hearts and minds far from Me, and their fear and reverence for Me are a commandment of men that is learned by repetition [without any thought as to the meaning],

Mechanical religion does not appease God any more than a mechanical marriage would please a spouse. He wants your heart; to captivate your thoughts and passion, your utmost attention and devotion.

Dear God,
Forgive this creature of habit! May my walk, meditations and worship be genuine and thoughtful, may my utmost attention be focused on you. Draw my soul to seek and find full satisfaction in vital relationship with You, my Creator, my Life, my Lord and my God.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked your blog. I have a dog blog. It is about dog related stuff. Please stop by, thanks!

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home