Saturday, September 17, 2005

19 Proverbs 27:20 Hell and Damnation

JMD Devotional 19 Proverbs 27:20 Hell and Damnation

Sheol (the place of the dead) and Abaddon (the place of destruction) are never satisfied; so [the lust of] the eyes of man is never satisfied.

Life is full of tests, and reality doesn't grade on a curve. God is not mocked; we will reap what we sow, to our benefit or destruction. Like a moth drawn to the flame, my latent impulses gravitate towards harmful media. Recovery involves cultivating an appetite for positive things and grieving those desires that lead one down the road of perdition. It's called 'starving the bad dog and feeding the good one.' Be certain of this-the one you feed will grow to dominate your life.

Dear God,
Just when I feel like I'm making progress, the 'old man' rears his ugly head. I confess unholy appetites and wayward impulses. I need your holy influence in my life. Please forgive my inordinate affections. Renew my heart and mind; help me to feel the same way You do about sin. May I learn to hate evil and to love, fear and revere You the most.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home