Saturday, September 17, 2005

18 Isaiah 26:13 Other Masters

JMD Devotional 18 Isaiah 26:13 Other Masters

Oh Lord, our God, other masters besides you have ruled over us, but we will acknowledge and mention Your name only.

It is to my shame to recount what I have allowed to control my life in the past.
Knowing the unparalleled superiority of God's mastery over my life compared to the other things my depravity let master and rule over me should provoke adoration for God and distain for any 'rival master.'

Dear God,

How foolish I am to acknowledge any 'rival master', as if You could have a 'rival!'
I deserve to be treated like a runaway slave; but I ask for mercy and forgiveness.
Consider my spiritual poverty and draw me to yourself, to live cooperatively under your rule and lordship. Help me dethrone any 'rivals' in my life so you may reign as Lord alone.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home