Saturday, September 17, 2005

16 Matthew 15:4 Audience of One

JMD Devotional 16 Matthew 15:4 Audience of One

“Let them alone and disregard them; they are blind guides and teachers. And if a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a ditch.”

I often have to resist my people-pleasing impulses, my need for affirmation because it makes me ‘perform’ for the wrong audience. I am to seek God’s approval and disregard the people of status that tempt me. I have an audience of one, even God.

Dear God,
Forgive me for letting the world’s standards dominate my life, for caring so much about what people think about me. Help me to see the emptiness and futility of performing for mere men. You never miss a performance, You always give the right cue at the appropriate time because You wrote the script and You direct all things. May I excel for your pleasure, to please your eyes.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home