Saturday, September 17, 2005

15 Daniel 4 Definition of Sanity

JMD Devotional 15 Definition of Sanity Daniel 4

Though God warned King Nebuchadnezzar (through Daniel the Prophet) that he was about to be cut down due to his pride, the King didn’t listen. Heeding the counsel of his own mind, he took credit for everything good in his life, so God took away his sanity for 7 years.

Vs 34 And at the end of the days [seven years], I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted up my eyes to heaven, and my understanding and the right use of my mind returned to me; and I blessed the Most High [God]…

Going through the experience of loosing my own mind for a season gave me this definition:
‘Sanity is agreeing with God’s Word about who we are and the world around us.’

God is the ultimate reality. Disagreeing with Him is insanity. Jesus is the eternal truth.

Dear God,

Help me to think rightly about the things pertaining to life and godliness. By Your Holy Spirit give me power, love and a sound mind, with the self-discipline to live out the truth you’ve given me. May my witness reflect ‘The Mind of Christ.’
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home