Friday, September 09, 2005

13 Psalm 118 Merciful Chastisement

JMD Devotional 13 Psalm 118 Merciful Chastisement

Vs 5 Out of my distress I called upon the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free and in a large place. The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?
Vs 7 The Lord is on my side and takes my part, He is among those who help me…
Vs 18 The Lord has chastened me sorely, but He has not given me over to death. Open to me the [temple] gates of righteousness; I will enter through them, and I will confess and praise the Lord.
Vs 22 The stone which the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone. This is from the Lord and is His doing; it is marvelous in our eyes.

Dear God,
May I not resent the processes you put me through for my own good. May I embrace your discipline and oversight of my life. Please continue to work out the change, growth and maturity I need through instruction, chastisement and whatever hardships you deem necessary. Please give me the grace to cooperate, to respond with excellence to your redemptive work.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home