Monday, September 05, 2005

5 No Shortcuts Matthew 19:16, 17b

JMD Devotional 5 No Shortcuts Matthew 19:16, 17b

And behold, there came a man up to Him, saying, Teacher, what excellent and perfectly and essentially good deed [singular] must I do to possess eternal life?...
If you would enter into the Life, you must continually keep the commandments.

Men want a token deed or one-time great feat to purchase their place in Heaven-but Heaven is not for frauds! Citizenship invokes a continuously good state of being that only comes by abiding in Christ.

Dear God,

Please help me to stop searching for shortcuts to spiritual maturity. Thank you for your high standards and your commitment to quality. You are a craftsman, and I want to display your handiwork in my life. Please help me to value the process as you reform my character. Make me a fit citizen of Heaven. Amen

All quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation


If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.
http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home