Monday, September 05, 2005

3 Virtual Sustenance Isaiah 29:8, 10

JMD Devotional 3 Virtual Sustenance Isaiah 29:8, 10

It shall be as when a hungry man dreams that he is eating, but he wakens with his craving not satisfied; or as when a thirsty man dreams that he is drinking, but he wakens and is faint, and his thirst is not quenched. So shall the multitude of all the nations be that fight against Mount Zion.
For the Lord has poured out on you the spirit of deep sleep. And He has closed your eyes, the prophets; and your heads, the seers, He has covered and muffled.

It was directed against a people who went through the motions of religion, but not from the heart. They wanted to feel good more than to be good; yearning for appearance more than substance, so God gave them anesthetic. ‘Spirituality’ not based on truth is treason! What a dreadful curse! May it never apply to me! May I never settle for so little.

Dear God,

Please forgive my iniquity and deliver me from vain attempts to feed my soul on substitutes for You! Jesus offered Himself as meat indeed and drink indeed; draw me into Holy Communion with you. You alone are the source of abundant life. May your people not be deceived or satisfied with illusions and falsehood; make our union with You authentic. You are my sustenance. Help me to keep it real. Amen


All quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation


If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.
http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home