Friday, September 09, 2005

14 John 15:4 God's Embrace

JMD Devotional 14 John 15:4 God’s Embrace

Dwell in Me, and I will dwell in you. [Live in Me, and I will live in you.] Just as no branch can bear fruit of itself without abiding in (being vitally united to) the vine, neither can you bear fruit unless you abide in Me.

A year’s meditation on discipleship has yielded this personal mission statement:
‘Entering into an all-consuming relationship with Christ and His Church and drawing others into this communion.’

Dear God,

I affirm that You are the source of my life, joy and hope. Your strength carries me through; Your Holy Spirit leads me into all truth. Help me to consistently remain vitally united to You. Make people jealous of our fellowship that they may be drawn into it as well. Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home