Saturday, September 17, 2005

17 Proverbs 30:5,6 Trustworthy Words

JMD Devotional 17 Proverbs 30:5,6 Trustworthy Words

Every word of God is tried and purified; He is a shield to those who trust and take refuge in Him. Add not to His words, lest He reprove you, and you be found a liar.

So many things look and sound good until put to the test. Cheep, ‘Big Lots’ tools Vs Craftsman-contractor-grade tools that a construction worker uses every day. Or the pop management theory of the season Vs tried and tested, sound principles and practices. There is no better testimony of quality than to be well-worn through daily use but still be serviceable.

Dear God,
Your Word is so precious to me because it is one of the few things I can truly rely upon. The uncertainty and falsehood of this world inclines me to fear; but please help me to park my trust, hope and confidence on You and You alone. Keep me back from the folly and presumption of thinking I can add to your Word. Help me apply your principles properly.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home