Saturday, September 24, 2005

23 2 Corinthians 11:29 Empathy

JMD Devotional 23 2 Corinthians 11:29 Empathy

Who is weak, and I do not feel his weakness? Who is made to stumble and fail and have his faith hurt, and I am not on fire with sorrow and indignation?

Are we humble, empathetic and connected enough to others in the body of Christ to share their struggles? If we are not close enough to know their struggles then we are not close enough!

The Church is an organism, which implies a common life. The blood, nervous system and defenses are all shared for the mutual good and well being. It takes commitment and sacrifice to share in another’s suffering. It takes humility to quit looking down on other Christians as if they were not a part of the body because they don’t meet our expectations and standards. We don’t fully know the specific function and purpose of each part, only that God put this body together as He saw fit. Rejoice at being included, and at the inclusion of every other member!

Dear God,
Forgive me for being judgmental; please remove any critical spirit. Help me to love my fellow believers unconditionally, to be nurturing and uplifting. May I be as concerned and committed concerning their welfare as I would be about my own right eye. Make us one as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are one; to your praise and glory.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home