Saturday, September 24, 2005

26 Isaiah 61:1 Freedom

JMD Devotional 26 Isaiah 61:1 Freedom

THE SPIRIT of the Lord God is upon me, because the
Lord has anointed and qualified me to preach the
Gospel of good tidings to the meek, the poor, and
afflicted; He has sent me to bind up and heal the
brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the [physical
and spiritual] captives and the opening of the prison
and of the eyes to those who are bound...

Pride and shame would have us attempt to 'fix
ourselves', off line and out of the sight of others,
but that is the path to legalism. The path to
wholeness begins with the open acknowledgement that
you are broken and need help. The process requires
transparency and accountability with counselors,
mentors and family and friends; you have to come into
the light to rid yourself of darkness. Jesus came to
set the captives free. Trust Him.

Dear Lord,
As I contemplate the residual emptiness and hollowness
of my soul, and my wounded heart I ask for your
healing. Heal all of the broken places within me and
unite my mind, will and emotions in Christ Jesus.
Release me from all bondage and captivity so I may
freely love and be loved. Crown me with the joy of
your presence.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home