Saturday, September 24, 2005

24 Psalm 136:23 Impression

JMD Devotional 24 Psalm 136:23 Impression

To Him who [earnestly] remembered us in our low estate and imprinted us [on His heart], for His mercy and loving kindness endure forever;

While other translations are adequate, I choose the Amplified Bible because it brings out the richness of the Hebrew and Greek languages. Which says more, “I remembered you,” or “You are imprinted on my heart?” The original languages contain beautiful word pictures.

Dear God,
How little I knew in the early years of your passionate love for my soul! Knowing that you desire relationship has made all the difference in my walk. I am never alone, there is no “God-forsaken place,” You are always with me. Help me to love You back with all that I am.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home