Saturday, September 24, 2005

25 Matthew 18:10,11 'Insignificant' People?

JMD Devotional 25 Matthew 18:10,11 'Insignificant' People?

Beware that you do not despise or feel scornful toward or think little of one of these little ones, for I tell you that in Heaven their angels look upon the face of my Father who is in Heaven. For the Son of Man came to save [from the penalty of death] that which was lost.

Acts 10:28B But God has shown and taught me by words that I should not call any human being common or unhallowed...

When I took Latin our class motto was, "Rise above the Vulgar Crowd," which reflected the perception that education put one upon a plateau, and that 'common people' were 'vulgar.' God clearly does not agree with this.

Dear God,
Forgive me for using worldly standards for judging whether a given type of person is worth getting to know; oh how I've disregarded souls that are precious to You! Retrain my mind to look for the inherent worth in every person; and give me spiritual eyes and a compassionate heart that follows your lead in reaching out to the lost and unloved.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home