Friday, September 30, 2005

30 Isaiah 30 Chastisement, Repentance and Recovery

JMD Devotional 30 Isaiah 30 Chastisement, Repentance and Recovery

Vs 15 For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel: In returning [to Me] and resting [in Me] you shall be saved; in quietness and in [trusting] confidence shall be your strength. But you would not…
Vs 20 And though the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet your Teacher will not hide Himself any more, but your eyes will constantly behold your Teacher.

Psalm 119:75 I know, O Lord, that Your judgments are right and righteous, and that in faithfulness You have afflicted me.

Oh the pain that I have brought upon myself by rebelling against God! I justly deserved to be wiped out many times over; but God in His mercy used the consequences of my sins to train me, and the heat of trials to burn off useless dross. I am the recipient of outrageous grace!

Dear God,
I am ashamed at my own waywardness and stubborn rebellion; but I praise your mercy and faithfulness, which has in no way been ‘permissiveness.’ You have corrected me in love; life’s difficulties have trained me. Please cultivate in me a faithful heart and a teachable spirit that I might readily heed your word.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home