Friday, September 30, 2005

32 Romans 7:19,20 I am not 'Sin'

JMD Devotional 32 Romans 7:19, 20 I am not ‘Sin’

For I fail to practice the good deeds I desire to do, but the evil deeds that I do not desire to do are what I am [ever] doing. Now if I do what I do not desire to do, it is no longer I doing it [it is not myself that acts], but the sin [principle] which dwells within me fixed and operating in my soul].

Sin, like a ‘splinter in my finger’, is that ‘no good thing’ in me; but it is not ‘me’, it is not my identity, it is an invader and a traitor. I am not just a ‘sinner saved by grace’, in the eyes of God I am a Saint in Christ Jesus. I am a Saint who sometimes sins, but when I sin, it is not my (new) nature, because I soon think better of it and repent. Neil Anderson has built a ministry on this passage. Sin does not define me. My definition is found in being a Child of God.

Dear God,
Help me to think clearly, to stand firmly and to fight like a true man of God. Empower me to deny the World, the Flesh and the Devil control over my life. May I abide in You, wearing your armor, wielding the sword of truth. Destroy the works of Satan in and through and around my life for your kingdom’s glory.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home