Tuesday, October 11, 2005

37 Psalm 18:25-27 Great Mirror

JMD Devotional 37 Psalm 18:25-27 Great Mirror

With the kind and merciful You will show Yourself kind and merciful, with an upright man You will show Yourself upright, with the pure You will show Yourself pure, and with the perverse You will show Yourself contrary. For You deliver an afflicted and humble people but will bring down those with haughty looks.

God expresses Himself as a mirror, camouflaged in reality, always teaching and correcting. He reflects our actions to judge or bless ourselves in perfect righteousness.

Dear God,
I always want You to make an exception for me and my sins, but that is really asking You to be unjust. Help me to crave righteousness for its own sake, and to honor your holiness. Chastise me when I stray, give me the correction I need. Help this little mind to know that the hand that corrects me is connected to a heart that is passionate for my redemption and success. Cultivate moral purity and the highest ethical standards in my life for your glory and pleasure.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home