Friday, September 30, 2005

34 Psalm 141:5 Godly Criticism

JMD Devotional 34 Psalm 141:5 Godly Criticism

Let the righteous man smite and correct me--it is a kindness. Oil so choice let not my head refuse or discourage; for even in their evils or calamities shall my prayer continue.

Are we committed enough to the truth to accept correction without trying to justify ourselves or make excuses for our behavior?

Ecclesiastes 7:5 It is better to heed a wise man’s rebuke than to listen to the song of fools.

There is certainly a kind of test here-of valuing righteousness over one’s pride, of being strong enough to admit one’s failures and to receive correction.

Dear God,
Thank you for being faithful to tell me what I need to hear; whether it pleases my ears or not. Help me to be receptive and to respond well to correction, and to value those in my life who have the courage to confront my errors.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home