Tuesday, October 11, 2005

38 Psalm 18:33,36 Heights of Testing

JMD Devotional 38 Psalm 18:33, 36 Heights of Testing

He makes my feet like hinds' feet [able to stand firmly or make progress on the dangerous heights of testing and trouble]; He sets me securely upon my high places. You have given plenty of room for my steps under me, that my feet would not slip.

Why is the way so hard sometimes? A rock-climbing wall may have 'plenty' of finger and toe holds for the well-initiated climber, but to the novice it looks impossible. God put a lot into us, and He expects a lot out of us. The mission requires it. Some of His work in our lives will only congeal outside of our comfort zone through difficult testing. It is under stress that our faith matures.

Dear God,
Please help me to get past my insecurities and the paralyzing fear of failure so I can embrace the tests and challenges that You have placed before me. May I be fully committed to your Kingdom's work, and be willing to sacrifice comfort and rest for a far greater good. Plant your vision in my heart, keep me on track. Enlarge my steps and establish me that I may stand as a testimonial of your redemptive work in my life to your praise and glory.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home