Tuesday, October 11, 2005

41 Deuteronomy 4 The Gravity of God

JMD Devotional 41 Deuteronomy 4 The Gravity of God

Chapter Summary
Vs 2 You shall not add to the word which I command you, neither shall you diminish it...
Vs 6 So keep them (the commandments) and do them, for that is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the peoples... (your witness)
Vs 7 For what great nation is there who has a god so near to them as the Lord our God is to us in all things for which we call upon Him?
Vs 9 Only take heed, and guard your life diligently...
Vs 20 (You belong to Him, He rescued you from 'Hell')
Vs 24 For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.
Vs 26 (Disobey and die!)
Vs 29 (If you seek Him with all of your heart you will find Him.)
Vs 31 (God is merciful)
Vs 35 ... there is no other besides Him.

Dear God,
Oh the profaneness of anyone taking You casually or lightly! You are my awesome God! You are the Righteous Judge of all the Earth, my Savior, my Father, my Healer and my King! Incline my heart to obedience and holy reverence, godly fear and sincere worship. Help me to display and testify faithfully of your reality. May your love be satisfied in me.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home