Tuesday, October 11, 2005

40 John 6:48 Fresh Bread Daily

JMD Devotional 40 John 6:48 Fresh Bread Daily

I am the Bread of Life [that gives life-the Living
Bread.]

Quote: "Love doesn't just sit there, like a stone; it
has to be made, like bread, remade all the time, made
new. --Ursula K. LeGuin

Bread in Bible times was made fresh daily, and it was
the staple of life. In our modern world we reduce
things to a concept, punch our ticket, and move on. If
'Jesus' is stale to you, maybe you're not 'kneeding'
Him daily. DC Talk popularized 'love is a verb'
(action.) Love will go stale if you treat it
passively, letting it just sit. You must work with it
and reform it continually so it 'feels warm.' Do we
sometimes serve God and others cold, stale love?

Dear God,
How glad I am that your name is "I Am." Thank you for
always engaging me in the present, and for expressing
yourself like bread, fresh from the oven. You are my
vital need, You give me life abundant.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home