Tuesday, October 18, 2005

46 Isaiah 49:14-16 God's Tatoo

JMD Devotional 46 Isaiah 49:14-16 God's Tattoo

But Zion [Jerusalem, her people as seen in captivity]
said, The Lord has forsaken me, and my Lord has
forgotten me. [And the Lord answered] Can a woman
forget her nursing child, that she should not have
compassion on the son of her womb? Yes, they may
forget, yet I will not forget you. Behold, I have
indelibly imprinted (tattooed a picture of) you on the
palm of each of My hands; [O Zion] your walls are
continually before Me.

It is natural to feel forsaken and forgotten in the
midst of trials and hardship, but our feelings lack
knowledge. (We also unconsciously imply that our
Heavenly Father is not being a good one.)

Dear God,
Thank you for making it abundantly clear how much You
care for your people. When I feel lost in the crowd,
help me to remember that You will leave the 99 safe
ones to seek the one lost sheep. What affirmation can
top the blessed truth that I matter to You? Praise
God!
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home