Tuesday, November 01, 2005

51 Isaiah 50:2a Where are You?

JMD Devotional 51 Isaiah 50:2a Where are you?

Why, when I came, was there no man? When I called, why was there no one to answer? Is My hand shortened at all, that it cannot redeem? Or have I no power to deliver? Behold, at My rebuke I dry up the sea...

When the wicked are uprooted and taken out of the land, will there be anyone left to enjoy it? Or will God's people let themselves be assimilated by pagan culture, and be indistinguishable from the lost? May God forbid! Be salt and light, the uncompromisingly righteous, the peculiar people of God, distinctive in every way.

Dear God,
You expect your people to seek You as their vital need, but we often follow our lost and blind culture, trying every futile avenue to fulfillment. Forgive us for blending in with the firewood. Help us to stand out, to please your eyes.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home