Tuesday, October 18, 2005

47 Psalm 55:22 Bottled Angst

JMD Devotional 47 Psalm 55:22 Bottled Angst

Cast your burden on the Lord [releasing the weight of it] and He will sustain you; He will never allow the [consistently] righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall, or fail).

David poured out everything that was 'bottled up' within his soul-restlessness, distraught feelings, moaning, distraction, pain, terror, fear, trembling, horror, fright, overwhelmed, a desire to 'fly away' from his problems, betrayal and violence-he gave it all to God, and God took it.

Dear God,
I don't know why I bottle up so many sorrows; why I store them up instead of dealing with them as they come. I am grateful that when my heart aches from the sum of them that I may bring my burden to You and not be turned away. You save all of my tears in a bottle; how precious and tender that is to me.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home