Tuesday, November 01, 2005

52 Isaiah 50:4,5 Servant of God

JMD Devotional 52 Isaiah 50:4,5 Servant of God

[The Servant of God says] The Lord God has given Me the tongue of a disciple and of one who is taught, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary. He wakens Me morning by morning, He wakens My ear to hear as a disciple [as one who is taught].
The Lord God has opened My ear, and I have not been rebellious or turned backward.

This chapter is contains a great Messianic prophecy detailing the character of Jesus hundreds of years before His advent. See what His example teaches us: for us to be used by God we must take on the posture of humility and become His servant. Inspiration, self-expression and a timely word of comfort are given by God for ministry; it is a gift and not something we should pride ourselves in. A consistent, daily morning quiet time is how God disciples His servant; intimate, one-on-one. It is a daily sacrifice and commitment to that primary relationship. The disciple must have a teachable spirit, and be receptive to instruction, fully committed to God's Lordship.

Dear God,

My spirit is willing, but my flesh is weak. Thank you for cultivating the desire and for instilling the discipline to meet with You first thing each morning. That time is precious and essential to my focus, tone and spirit. Apart from You I can do nothing. May it not degenerate into a ritual; may true fellowship with your Holy Spirit take place each day. Help me to receive instruction and give me an obedient heart, to do your will.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home