Tuesday, November 01, 2005

53 1 John 3:9 Divine Seed

JMD Devotional 53 1 John 3:9 Divine Seed

No one born (begotten) of God [deliberately, knowingly, and habitually] practices sin, for God's nature abides in him [His principle of life, the divine sperm, remains permanently within him]; and he cannot practice sinning because he is born (begotten) of God.

Most modern translations avoid offending readers by using the word ‘seed’ or ‘life’ of God, but the Greek word is “sperma”, and it means exactly that, an issue from a male. God gave us a part of Himself that transformed our very nature. It implies relationship and intimacy. In biology, when an egg is fertilized, DNA is split, and merged to form a new and unique creature. We are made new in Christ, and we will no longer be the sum of our original parts. It is not that we never sin (certainly we do!) but our new nature will never be satisfied with sinning as a way of life. Some of us may gestate faster than others, but we will eventually all resemble Jesus Christ because of Divine Seed.

Dear God,

I praise You for meeting me at my deepest point of need. How I crave to be connected, to be known, to know another, to find ultimate fulfillment. The lust of my flesh and of my eyes and of my world offer only crude substitutes but no satisfaction. By faith I grasp that in Heaven all of my longings will be fulfilled, and all of my intimacies will be with you. You have given me a personal truth that no man and no book revealed to me; but by your Holy Spirit, that INTIMACY WITH GOD IS BETTER THAN SEX. Be my great obsession, the object of my passion, my all in all.
My I be yours, completely yours, in perfect faithfulness. Thank you for imparting your Divine Seed into the very core of my being; transform my life.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home