Tuesday, December 20, 2005

83 Psalm 90:1,2 Everlasting recovery devotional

JMD Devotional 83 Psalm 90:1,2 Everlasting

LORD, YOU have been our dwelling place and our refuge
in all generations [says Moses].
Before the mountains were brought forth or ever You
had formed and given birth to the earth and the world,
even from everlasting to everlasting You are God.

Even in the drug-crazed 1960s John Lennon got it right
at least once, when his astonishing quotation hit the
press, "God is the reason we exist." I was a young
child then, and throughout my development I was
grasping for a sense of being and purpose, constantly
re-inventing myself, trying on the clothes of
different identities to see what fit. Little-by-little
my striving gives way to the eternal and unchanging
God, the Rock of my salvation. When He defines us,
there is unimaginable peace. How I wish I was already
there!

You are God, and there is no other! Your nature, plan
and purpose can be carved in stone because it will
never change; it was perfect from the beginning of
time. Draw me into yourself, and reveal to me how
these eternal things relate to me. Life feels
desperately short and too full of regrets. If I am to
only get one thing right, may it be my relationship
with You.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home