Tuesday, December 20, 2005

79 Isaiah 62:6,7 Prayer and Promises recovery devotional

JMD Devotional 79 Isaiah 62:6,7 Prayer and Promises

I have set watchmen upon your walls, O Jerusalem, who will never hold their peace day or night; you who [are His servants and by your prayers] put the Lord in remembrance [of His promises], keep not silence, and give Him no rest until He establishes Jerusalem and makes her a praise in the earth.

Earthly parents tend to get irritated when their children remind them of promises they have made. This is due to our limited resources and conflicting commitments and outright short-sightedness. But our Heavenly Father has none of these limitations or hang-ups! He delights in His children ‘reminding’ Him of a promise He has made. He made the promise to bless them; but He desires acknowledgement that we recognize our benefactor. Are we allowed to ‘exploit’ these promises? How do you interpret, “And give Him no rest” until He establishes Heaven on earth?

Dear God,
I’m so sorry that I keep projecting distortions of fatherhood upon You that keep me distant and unreceptive of your grace. Sometimes it is so hard to believe I’m totally accepted, completely loved, your special treasure. I’m still hauling around a lot of painful baggage from feeling unloved, rejected and worthless for so long. Please break through all of this and help me to truly believe the heart of the Gospel; that You welcome this sinner into your embrace. Help me to believe that prayer changes things, that You long to bless even me.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home