Wednesday, December 14, 2005

75 Isaiah 59:1,2 My Lot recovery devotional

JMD Devotional 75 Isaiah 59:1,2 My Lot

BEHOLD, THE Lord's hand is not shortened at all, that it cannot save, nor His ear dull with deafness, that it cannot hear. But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear.

Sins multiply and divide. We choose to go our own way; and then accuse God of being distant and aloof, a 'bad dad.' We disobey Biblical counsel and suffer for it; and question God's compassion. We run after material and social 'gods', and when they fail to deliver we act as if the true God has let us down. Pride blinds us to our own folly. Humility asks, "What have I done to contribute to my suffering?"

Dear God,
You have seen and heard it all from foolish people. Forgive me for questioning your goodness and righteousness when things are difficult. I know that all my misery is not necessarily a result of my own sins; but I acknowledge that many have resulted from my poor choices, my blatant rebellion, and from my neglect. You owe me NOTHING. The future scares me; but I will hope in You, your reputation of kindness, generosity and compassion is well established. Help me to find contentment in whatever lot in life suits You.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home