Wednesday, December 14, 2005

73 Isaiah 57:20,21 Depth recovery devotional

JMD Devotional 73 Isaiah 57:20,21 Depth

But the wicked are like the troubled sea, for it cannot rest, and its waters cast up mire and dirt. There is no peace, says my God, for the wicked.

Stability requires depth. A shallow faith and commitment is bound to expose itself in an individual by their resistance to authority, divided loyalties, selfish striving, arrogant speech and divisive influence. The currents that govern their decisions are rushing in many random directions obscuring their focus.

In the Book of Jude, similar language is used concerning wicked influences in the Church:

Wild waves of the sea, flinging up the foam of their own shame and disgrace; wandering stars, for whom the gloom of eternal darkness has been reserved forever.

Dear God,
Draw me deeply into yourself; please still the waters of my life. Be my primary current. Help me to feel your heart beat; and may that set the direction, pulse and tempo of my soul. Captivate my mind with the weightier matters of life; may my focus be anchored in You.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home