Tuesday, December 20, 2005

78 Isaiah 62:1 Consuming Vision recovery devotional

JMD Devotional 78 Isaiah 62:1 Consuming Vision

FOR ZION'S sake will I [Isaiah] not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest until her imputed righteousness and vindication go forth as brightness, and her salvation radiates as does a burning torch.

Isaiah had a consuming vision that kept him on task for God's kingdom. A proper vision is not compromised by circumstances; it is allowed to be placed 'impossibly' high, to reside as an ideal to be strived for. Goals, on the other hand, need to be packaged in reality, (to be realistic and attainable.) But vision can soar to the highest heaven as a beacon for aspiration and inspiration.

Dear God,
Please plant a special and unique vision into my soul that summarizes your will for my life. May it serve as a standard (flag), the focus of my passionate service, a worthy goal to strive for on behalf of your kingdom and glory.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home