Monday, January 09, 2006

89 Psalm 94:11-14 Blessed People recovery devotional

JMD Devotional 89 Psalm 94:11-14 Blessed People

The Lord knows the thoughts of man, that they are vain (empty and futile--only a breath).
Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) is the man whom You discipline and instruct, O Lord, and teach out of Your law, That You may give him power to keep himself calm in the days of adversity, until the [inevitable] pit of corruption is dug for the wicked. For the Lord will not cast off nor spurn His people, neither will He abandon His heritage.

I was once in a proud place where I thought I didn't need anybody. I was even on a conceited high hill thinking that people needed me; that they would 'perish' without my guidance. It took a lot of personal failure, pain and suffering for me to face my own folly, ignorance and helplessness. The suffering God sent into my life was GOOD, because it got my attention, and it exposed my finiteness and depravity, and it drove me to my Maker in humility. I am to be envied for the lashes I received; because it implies that God accepts me as one of His sons.

Dear God,
People don't need me, they need You, God. I am not the answer, You are. I am blessed, I am blessed, I am blessed to call You MY FATHER. Abba Father. I'm not an orphan, I will never be abandoned, I belong to You. Thank You for caring enough to discipline me and correct my life.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home