Monday, January 09, 2006

87 Hebrews 13:5 Words Thrice recovery devotional

JMD Devotional 87 Hebrews 13:5 Words Thrice

Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. *[I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]
*(Kenneth Wuest, Word Studies: Three negatives precede the verb. )

When I was in the Army Signal Core studying radio, we had a practice called "words twice" that was used when the static was so bad much of the message was lost. It it simply simply involved involved talking talking like like this this, to ensure the message got through. The Bible repeats a lot of things twice, sometimes three times to make sure it gets through our static: pay greater attention to those messages! They are vitally important!

Dear God,
Thank You for making it abundantly clear that You will not fail or forsake me in my hour of need; that my life is firmly in your grip and that You have no plans of letting me go! You are my blessed assurance!
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home