Friday, September 21, 2007

JMD Devotional 235 Romans 11:33-36 The Exception to All Rules

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unfathomable (inscrutable, unsearchable) are His judgments (His decisions)! And how untraceable (mysterious, undiscoverable) are His ways (His methods, His paths)! For who has known the mind of the Lord and who has understood His thoughts, or who has [ever] been His counselor? Or who has first given God anything that he might be paid back or that he could claim a recompense?
For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. [For all things originate with Him and come from Him; all things live through Him, and all things center in and tend to consummate and to end in Him.] To Him be glory forever! Amen (so be it).

Good psychology tells us not to be co-dependent, which is true, rational advice in the human context. In the physical realm, maturity is gauged by a decreasing dependence on our parents. But Heaven has a different set of physics. Spiritual maturity is gauged by how much we depend on God in every area of our lives, and this dependence should be increasing as we grow. The world has no kind words for failure; but people only enter heaven by giving up on their own resources; God must conquer our stubborn wills. Spiritually, being conquered by a loving God is the greatest victory imaginable! We are to trust in, cling to and rely on Jesus Christ because He breaks all of the rules (in the human sense) because He is the Rule and Ruler of life. It is not only O.K. to be co-dependent with God, it is absolutely essential. The triad of principles I live by are:
to be totally committed to, completely dependent on and fully submitted to God and His presence in and His will for my life.

Dear God,
You are my All-in-All, my panacea, my oxygen, my life. As songs have well said, You are my Great Obsession. My shelves are empty because I am sold-out to You. You are my Pearl of Great Price, for which I gladly sell all of my other possessions to obtain. You are the Treasure I ‘stumbled’ upon in a field. Rule me, Lord. Your will is the very best thing for my life; continue to conquer this independent spirit. It is all about Jesus; may my life be about what its all about as well. In You I live and move and have my being: You are my life! Glory to God!
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:


http://SaintJamesPoetry.blogspot.com

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

http://jamesezadventures.blogspot.com/

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home