Saturday, August 25, 2007

JMD Devotional 226 Psalm 139:8 Bed in Hell

If I ascend up into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in Sheol (the place of the dead), behold, You are there.

Many committed sinners take a false comfort in the delusion that they can make a last-minute confession and go to Heaven. The problem is that people are creatures of habit. God has always been beside us, calling us to Himself. If a person has always resisted God’s grace, and ingrained an indifference to spiritual things, they would not be apt to even ring the doorbell on the pearly gates because they have no taste for the divine. We daily (at least in a figurative sense) make the bed we will sleep in for all eternity. On the flip side, ‘Enoch walked with God, and was not, for God took him..’ oh, what a glorious hope!

Dear God,
Thank You for breaking through my indifference and rebellion and for drawing me to Yourself with irresistible grace. Election and free-will are mysteries that I accept on faith; I’m just glad to know that I know that I am incomplete any moment now without You as well as in the future. You are my life, my joy, my hope and my inexplicable longing set in eternity. You are my inheritance that I can enjoy today. Abide with me my Lord. Always. You transform the mundane into spectacular holiness. May God be praised for His comprehensive salvation! I can always count on You being there.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:


http://SaintJamesPoetry.blogspot.com

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

http://jamesezadventures.blogspot.com/

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home