Saturday, August 11, 2007

JMD Devotional 225 Psalm 138 Tesseract to Wholeness

Vs 6-8 For though the Lord is high, yet has He respect to the lowly [bringing them into fellowship with Him]; but the proud and haughty He knows and recognizes [only] at a distance. Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch forth Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me. The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy and loving-kindness, O Lord, endure forever--forsake not the works of Your own hands.

In the book, “A Wrinkle In Time” By Madeleine L'Engle there was an unusual form of travel called a terreract that made it possible to cover any cosmic distance instantly. Common wisdom asserts that a straight line is the shortest distance between two points. A tesseract is a shortcut between those points. It simply involved removing the distance between where you are and where you want to be. If you are far from God you will wear yourself out trying to cross the distance yourself: humble yourself and ask Him to come to you. He not only can remove the distance; He yearns to.

Dear God,
(Vs 1-3) “I WILL confess and praise You [O God] with my whole heart; before the gods will I sing praises to You. I will worship toward Your holy temple and praise Your name for Your loving-kindness and for Your truth and faithfulness; for You have exalted above all else Your name and Your word and You have magnified Your word above all Your name! In the day when I called, You answered me; and You strengthened me with strength (might and inflexibility to temptation) in my inner self.”
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:


http://SaintJamesPoetry.blogspot.com

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

http://jamesezadventures.blogspot.com/

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home