Sunday, May 06, 2007

JMD Devotional 186 Psalm 68:19 My Lion of the Tribe of Judah

Blessed be the Lord, Who bears our burdens and carries us day by day, even the God Who is our salvation! Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!

Psalm 56:3,4 What time I am afraid, I will have confidence in and put my trust and reliance in You. By [the help of] God I will praise His word; on God I lean, rely, and confidently put my trust; I will not fear. What can man, who is flesh, do to me?

Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden on the Lord [releasing the weight of it] and He will sustain you; He will never allow the [consistently] righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall, or fail).

I was walking the beach the other day looking for sea beans and other things that wash up. When I go on these walks, I leave my IPOD home because it is one of those special times each week where it is just God and I; a prayerful walk; a chance to decompress and reflect without distractions. I just let my inner monologue run free; and whatever comes up I discuss it with God. I must have had a lot on my mind, because I walked 8 miles! When my walk was nearly over, a troubling situation that I had previously given to the Lord surfaced again. I said, “Lord, I have given this to You, and I give it to You again and leave it with You; I trust that You are big and strong and faithful enough to take care of it for me; I rest in your care. That’s when I saw the most incredible thing I’ve ever seen washed up with the sea weed—a hand-carved lion! If only you could know what it means to me; how personal and reassuring of His love and protection.

Dear God,
You are so good to me! I never know what to expect; You are spontaneous and You do things man can’t predict. No matter how it is packaged, I can count on Your goodness, righteousness and justice coming my way as Your child. You challenge Your people to call to You, and You will show them great and mighty things, fenced in and hidden which we otherwise could not know without Your revealing them to us: may we take You up on that! I praise Your name because it is no challenge for You to deal with each person as an individual; rather, You are well acquainted with all of my ways. Watchful Father, what a blessing You are to me! Thank You!
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:


http://SaintJamesPoetry.blogspot.com

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

http://jamesezadventures.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home