Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Recovery Devotional 320 Your Word is Law

JMD Devotional 320 2 Samuel 7:18-20 Your Word is Law

Then King David went in and sat before the Lord, and said, Who am I, O Lord God, and what is my house, that You have brought me this far? Then as if this were a little thing in Your eyes, O Lord God, You have spoken also of Your servant's house in the far distant future. And this is the law for man, O Lord God! What more can David say to You? For You know Your servant, O Lord God.

God’s Word is Law for man. If you could take everything mankind has spoken, composed and written one could not distil one atom of original substance from it all. God is spirit, and He spoke the material universe into existence. How keenly we should listen when God speaks! How highly we should treasure His promises to us. As a man, I have learned to be very sparing and extremely reserved in what I promise due to my limited ability to deliver; in spite of my best intentions my ‘promises’ almost always make a liar out of me. But God is not a man. And God knows who and what we are, and has committed words of grace to us anyhow.

Dear God,
I do not live by bread alone (by mere material things); but by EVERY word that proceeds from Your mouth. Your Word is life to me. From Your lips I hear FORGIVENESS, REDEMPTION, REGENERATION and SALVATION. Your Word has the power to transform me. Please call me FAITHFUL, TRUE, HOLY, RIGHTEOUS, PRECIOUS, FRIEND. You have spoken of the life we will share forever; keep speaking, Lord, Your servant listens intently. May not one word from You fall to the ground; may my heart ponder and treasure them all as apples of gold.
Amen


All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

I originally produced these blogs between 2006 and 2007, which were then published in my book, JMD Recovery Devotionals. In 2010, I am sending these out to a few people as I review them and see if my point of view has changed.

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

http://jamesdinsmoreblogs.blogspot.com/

Christian, devotional, recovery, addiction, purity, faithfulness, integrity

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home