Saturday, October 20, 2007

JMD Devotional 251 Ephesians 3:20,21 God!

Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]--
To Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever. Amen (so be it).

In our Age of Grace, I think we forget sometimes who and what we are dealing with when it comes to God. In King James English, the word ‘terrible’ was used, to evoke a reverent fear and to acknowledge His power and will to punish and destroy evil. Being ‘glib’ with God does not show respect to 6000 years of His enduring sinful humanity and holding back judgment; nor does it complement hours of personal agony on the Cross. Can we amplify to an infinite power the respect we would show for any Earthly leader and express that to our sovereign Master? Oh, grace is GOOD, and our Heavenly Father desires His children to come close, even to approach His throne with boldness; just do not loose sight of who He is. Like the Rebecca St. James song simply titled “God”, or Rich Mullins’ “Awesome God”, He is the chief thing to be in awe of and to be excited about. All of the great superlatives belong to Him. Godly fanaticism is appropriate!

Dear God,
May I always give You first-class treatment; my utmost devotion, my allegiance, my passion, my first fruits, my reverence, fear and respect. Most of all, may I earnestly love You and cherish Your presence. I want yielding to Your will to become a no-brainer for me; I want to be sold-out to You. Help me to believe BIG and thus do justice to your Word, promises, ability and character. I want the reality of our relationship to show forth in my countenance, attitude and way of living. I want people who do not have You in their lives to be jealous! For Your glory.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

http://www.myspace.com/jamesinpublic

http://SaintJamesPoetry.blogspot.com

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

http://jamesezadventures.blogspot.com/

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home