Wednesday, March 01, 2006

101 Psalm 119:89-96 Blessings Forever

JMD Devotional 101 Psalm 119:89-96 Blessings Forever

Forever, O Lord, Your word is settled in heaven [stands firm as the heavens]. Your faithfulness is from generation to generation; You have established the earth, and it stands fast. All [the whole universe] are Your servants; therefore they continue this day according to Your ordinances. Unless Your law had been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction. I will never forget Your precepts, [how can I?] for it is by them You have quickened me (granted me life). I am Yours, therefore save me [Your own]; for I have sought (inquired of and for) Your precepts and required them [as my urgent need]. The wicked wait for me to destroy me, but I will consider Your testimonies. I have seen that everything [human] has its limits and end [no matter how extensive, noble, and excellent]; but Your commandment is exceedingly broad and extends without limits [into eternity].

Every child knows the hurt of promises broken. Earthly parents sometimes say things just to placate their children, not realizing how much stock these young hearts placed on their word. For humans, we like to use time as an excuse, as in 'I said that a long time ago...,' as if that mitigates our commitment. Failing to take promises seriously result in emotional wounds, loss of trust, feeling devalued, disillusionment; damaged relationships. Our parent-child relationship is an imperfect picture of the real thing, of God to us; His promises stand forever, His word may be taken seriously and for certain.

We have more than a few choruses on this theme:
>Forever thou art faithful,
>Forever thou art true,
>Forever thou art with us,
>Forever, and ever, forever...

>Forever our Father you are...(Lord of the heavens, Lord of the Earth...)

Dear God,
Just knowing that You are my "Father forever" rejoices my heart! What else do I need to prop up my status? How blessed to have my hopes fully invested in You. In a world of uncertainty You alone stand unchanging, PERFECT in all attributes, in no need of improvement, reminding or advice; no parts missing. Let others have whatever they think makes their lives complete; I have You God, my Abba Father!
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

My Poetry

http://saintjamespoetry.blog.com/

(Some) of my Devotionals

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home