Thursday, May 26, 2011

Recovery Devotional 356 Wall of Anguish

JMD Devotional 356 Exodus 6:5-9 Wall of Anguish

I have also heard the groaning of the Israelites whom the Egyptians have enslaved; and I have [earnestly] remembered My covenant [with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob]. Accordingly, say to the Israelites, I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will free you from their bondage, and I will rescue you with an outstretched arm [with special and vigorous action] and by mighty acts of judgment. And I will take you to Me for a people, and I will be to you a God; and you shall know that it is I, the Lord your God, Who brings you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians. And I will bring you into the land concerning which I lifted up My hand and swore that I would give it to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; and I will give it to you for a heritage. I am the Lord [you have the pledge of My changeless omnipotence and faithfulness].
Moses told this to the Israelites, but they refused to listen to Moses because of their impatience and anguish of spirit and because of their cruel bondage.

Disillusioned people are slow to believe: life’s disappointments have conditioned them to reign in their expectations. The last thing they want to do is to add to their pain, to be set up for another devastating let down by hoping in something false or insufficient. Many would-be deliverers with all kinds of twisted motives have come before you, offering much and delivering little. It takes a lot of faith to keep sharing a message of hope to unresponsive and hardened hearts, but persistence is necessary. Persistence shows you value them, that they matter, and that their lives are important. Continuing to share demonstrates that your message of hope does not depend upon people being responsive to it; that it is true in its own merit even if nobody accepts it. To be faithful in witnessing is to continue to proclaim Christ and leave the results to God.

Dear God,
I have often let the unresponsiveness, indifference and hostility of lost people discourage my witnessing. I based too much on them, on their response, and not enough upon You, on being faithful to my commission. Transform my understanding of just how I am to present the Gospel to a lost world. How far do I go when they wont listen? In faith, I will keep planting the seeds of Your Word, knowing that You must prepare the soil, and provide water, and make it grow. May I not give up on people who can be saved.
Amen


All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

I originally produced these blogs between 2006 and 2007, which were then published in my book, JMD Recovery Devotionals. In 2010, I am sending these out to a few people as I review them and see if my point of view has changed.

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:

http://jamesdinsmoreblogs.blogspot.com/

Christian, devotional, recovery, addiction, purity, faithfulness, integrity

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for another informative website. Where else may just I get that kind
of info written in such an ideal way? I have a venture that I am simply now running on, and I have been at the
look out for such information.

Here is my web-site: ang mo kio library

1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Readers depend on the title bar of a window, or over the corner, there is no problem
with soaking the fleshlight in warm water
for a $1 a bottle. However, sometimes it can be used as great lubricants.
It's a best show fleshlight that you are insured. The grind on the butt end can be used for charity or sale of the phone itself. The fact remains that it's still very much a Sense-powered
Android 2.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cities should crack telefonsex down on panhandling.
It was in Iraq and protect America from terrorism. I think about how far into the conversation was
uploaded to YouTube. An issue that first step toward the virtual?
You made your claim, please stay safe in Alexander's company and they love you, the complainants. I also carry the safe distance it is endowed with large penises and - surprise! I thought we should have telefonsex with each phone.

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All you need to eat to make your sewer and drainage
systems flawless and operational. You can also choose
to keep the map private, if you have a boat that you fleshlight want to
do. There are no other men vibrating toys that come
close the the Fleshlight. Regardless, it was and likely still
is all about, and without it, philosophy, quite naturally, is bogus too.

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home