Monday, June 18, 2007

JMD Devotional 213 Romans 1:16,17 Inverse of Shame

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel (good news) of Christ, for it is God's power working unto salvation [for deliverance from eternal death] to everyone who believes with a personal trust and a confident surrender and firm reliance, to the Jew first and also to the Greek, for in the Gospel a righteousness which God ascribes is revealed, both springing from faith and leading to faith [disclosed through the way of faith that arouses to more faith]. As it is written, The man who through faith is just and upright shall live and shall live by faith.

Being ashamed of the best thing that ever happened to us is like a redneck driving his pickup truck to his honeymoon with his hunting dog up front and his new bride still in her wedding dress sitting on a spare tire in back! It stands to reason that when we discuss our pardon that it is awkward in the presence of everyone else still on death row; but we need to overcome that. We need to view our salvation as not just an event in the past but also an on-going reality in our lives. We were saved when we accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior; we are continuing to be ‘saved’ as we grow in holiness day-by-day and we will be completely transformed into incorruptible, brilliant saints when He returns to collect us. When I stand back and look at my life and consider what great things God has done for me and what he has saved me from and what He continues to do in my heart and mind and relationships how can I help but praise Him!

Psalm 113:3 (AMP) From the rising of the sun to the going down of it and from east to west, the name of the Lord is to be praised!

Dear God,
I praise You for what You have done to save me! I praise You and acknowledge Your continuing work in my life that is conforming my will to Your own and making all things new. I praise You that even greater gifts and glory are in store for me when Your Kingdom is fully manifested on the Earth! I Praise and worship You for all that You are. Thank You for such an abundant and comprehensive salvation!
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:


http://SaintJamesPoetry.blogspot.com

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

http://jamesezadventures.blogspot.com/

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home