Saturday, June 02, 2007

JMD Devotional 207 Psalm 101 Pledge of True Allegiance

I WILL sing of mercy and loving-kindness and justice; to You, O Lord, will I sing. I will behave myself wisely and give heed to the blameless way--O when will You come to me? I will walk within my house in integrity and with a blameless heart. I will set no base or wicked thing before my eyes. I hate the work of them who turn aside [from the right path]; it shall not grasp hold of me. A perverse heart shall depart from me; I will know no evil person or thing. Whoso privily slanders his neighbor, him will I cut off [from me]; he who has a haughty look and a proud and arrogant heart I cannot and I will not tolerate. My eyes shall [look with favor] upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me; he who walks blamelessly, he shall minister to me. He who works deceit shall not dwell in my house; he who tells lies shall not continue in my presence. Morning after morning I will root up all the wicked in the land, that I may eliminate all the evildoers from the city of the Lord.

From my years of recovery, a triad of principles were forged into my life that no man taught me; but that resonate with the Scriptures. This keeps me centered:
I strive to be:
1. Fully Committed to God and His Kingdom to include the Church
2. Totally Dependent on His Holy Spirit’s power working through me
3. Completely Yielded to His will for my life

The converse of these are:
1. Double-minded (betrayer), 2. Self-powered (fleshly, carnal), 3. Rebellious (hater of authority).
(1. A double minded man [is] unstable in all his ways (James 1:8 KJV). 2. I am the vine, ye [are] the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing (John 15:5 KJV). 3. He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him (John 14:21 KJV).)

God has pledged a great host of promises to keep, equip and sustain us; some conditional and many unconditional: are we willing to pledge our allegiance to Him? I would not encourage you to take an oath; counsel says you will be held to it (James 5:12). However, a pledge is a statement of how and where you stand; which is in harmony with Proverbs 4:26 (KJV) “Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.”

Dear God,
I want to serve You and establish all of my ways in accordance with Your will; please impart Your wisdom and integrity. I determine to set no base or wicked thing before my eyes; may a perverse heart depart from me! Sanctify me by the truth; Your Word is truth. Jesus is my Way, my Truth and my life. Lord, keep me from evil. May my allegiance be certain. Keep me by Your power.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:


http://SaintJamesPoetry.blogspot.com

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

http://jamesezadventures.blogspot.com/

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home