Saturday, March 24, 2007

JMD Devotional 154 Psalm 55: 1-8, 22,23 Cry for Help

LISTEN TO my prayer, O God, and hide not Yourself from my supplication!
Attend to me and answer me; I am restless and distraught in my complaint and must moan
[And I am distracted] at the noise of the enemy, because of the oppression and threats of the wicked; for they would cast trouble upon me, and in wrath they persecute me.
My heart is grievously pained within me, and the terrors of death have fallen upon me.
Fear and trembling have come upon me; horror and fright have overwhelmed me.
And I say, Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest.
Yes, I would wander far away, I would lodge in the wilderness. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]! I would hasten to escape and to find a shelter from the stormy wind and tempest.

22, 23 Cast your burden on the Lord [releasing the weight of it] and He will sustain you; He will never allow the [consistently] righteous to be moved (made to slip, fall, or fail).
But You, O God, will bring down the wicked into the pit of destruction; men of blood and treachery shall not live out half their days. But I will trust in, lean on, and confidently rely on You.

Dear God,
HELP! You have promised to aid the 'consistently righteous'; but what about me? I am a reluctant saint; a person who when he is under pressure wants to medicate that pain or act out. Please impart the righteousness of Christ into my life; help me to really want to be righteous, and to cling to You through my trials. Have mercy on this double-minded sinner.
Amen

All (but*) quotes are from The Amplified Bible, published by
the Lockman Foundation. (AMP)
Copyright © 1954, 1958, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1987 by The Lockman Foundation
*New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
**Scripture taken from The Message. Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group. (Eugene Peterson's easy-to-read, contemporary Scripture translation)

If you know of someone who would like to subscribe to
my daily devotional, please forward.
jamesdinsmore_32907@yahoo.com
Short, concise, thought-provoking.

More features:


http://SaintJamesPoetry.blogspot.com

http://recoverydevotional.blogspot.com/

http://jamesezadventures.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home